Friday, August 16, 2013

Hope Prevails

This will be short & thankfully sweet!  We just received the report on the CT scan that David had done yesterday.  The scan showed no signs of metastatic disease and the tumor is stable (meaning no reduction in size, but also no growth, which is a huge thing!).  This is very encouraging news for us as it appears that David's tumor is responding to the chemotherapy and means that David is still a potential candidate for surgery in the future.  The tentative plan (we meet with Dr. Fanta on Tuesday to discuss this further) is to continue chemotherapy for another two months (four more treatments), probably repeat a CT scan at the completion of chemotherapy, and then most likely a course of radiation therapy in conjunction with receiving a chemotherapeutic agent to make the tumor even more sensitive to the radiation.

We are extremely grateful to have received this good news, and we continue to be extremely grateful for the love and support that we receive from all of you.  So .... the fight continues for David to be a survivor!!

With love, Janet  

8 comments:

  1. As my boys used to say when they were little and super excited...Dooshingy Fooluka Bingza!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear. Stay strong. We are with you!
    Larry and Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such good news! I am very happy to hear that. Love you guys - LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Dave! Great, encouraging news! I kept your spot in lane 3 warm for a little while this morning, although I needed fins to do it! We will see you in the pool by January! Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dave:
    Now that's what I'm talkin' about....some positive test results. I know you can get tired of looking at those stinking lab tests...show Dave some images....like a surgeon seeing a femur fracture that needs repair...something to chomp on! I know it is a great relief to know that there is still no evidence of metastasis and the tumor remains the same size. Be strong, keep walking, we love you.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday!
    Mark

    ReplyDelete