Monday, August 12, 2013

35 Years & Counting

Today is our 35th wedding anniversary, and it has been a great day!  We have received many cards, gifts, & a special floral arrangement from family & friends -- thanks to all of you for thinking of us on our special day!!  Began the day with some exercise.  David rode his bike that is set up on a trainer in our garage.  One of his anniversary gifts was a gadget for his bike that allows him to keep track of his cadence and mileage.  Today he rode 10 miles in 40 minutes -- not bad considering Saturday & Sunday were kinda rough post chemo days.  I joined him on my bike for the first 10 minutes and then the last 10 minutes.  The 20 minutes in between I ran in our neighborhood.  I haven't wanted to run without David, but because my bone density isn't very good, I decided my weak bones need the pounding that only running provides.  So, I ran laps in our neighborhood where I could check on David about every four minutes to make sure he still looked like he was pedaling strong.  Then we spent some time at the beach in Oceanside where there is a very nice walkway right along the beach & one of the longer piers in Southern California.  There was lots of activity at the beach today -- it was fun to watch people surfing, playing volleyball, & enjoying the last days of summer before school starts up soon.  On our way home from the beach, David got a craving for a good old American burger, so we stopped by Five Guys for a made to order cheeseburger with grilled onions & mushrooms that we brought home to devour.  Just as we were finishing our burgers, some neighbors stopped by with a red velvet cake for our anniversary -- fantastic!  We won't be eating again today!!

On Thursday, David will have repeat abdominal & thoracic CTs.  Please continue to keep us in your thoughts & prayers -- we are hoping for no growth in the pancreatic tumor & no signs of metastases.  Not sure when we will get the results of the studies, but we are hoping to have them before the weekend.  I'll let you all know shortly after we find out the results. 

Just gotta say that I am the luckiest girl in the world to have had David Hager as my husband for the past 35 years & I am hoping and praying that we will be blessed with many more years together!!  Fight the fight & be a survivor!!  Janet

9 comments:

  1. Happy 35th anniversary Dave & Janet...what an amazing milestone! It was great walking the Batiquitos Lagoon with you both on Saturday. Even with all the chemo drugs, you're still outwalking me as I bring up the rear of the group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary David and Janet! Wishing you many, many more!

    Robyn & Christian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your Anniversary ! That's fantastic.
    Five Guys!...mmhmm...BURGER... (doing my best Homer Simpson impression).
    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary you love birds! Sounds like you had a great day with a great balance of exercise and yummies. Got all my fingers and toes crossed for your upcoming CT exam.

    Take care,
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could it be 35 years already?? You guys are still only 25 years old in my mind.

    Happy Belated Anniversary!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are quite the incredible pair. Happy Anniversary Janet and David. The world is a better place because you two found one another.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated Congratulations!
    Dave.... your smile is a killer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Aunt Janet and Uncle David - I am sorry I missed your anniversary - but so happy anniversary!!! Chris and I are in the middle of our move to Utah. The movers are here disassembling our house and well it's a tad nutty at the Colburn house. We hit the road for Utah on Monday. Uncle David you are in my thought and prayers always. And Aunt Janet no less so. I love you both so much!!! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just came to your blog page for the first time. You guys have amazing and wonderful spirit. Sounds like you had a beautiful 35th. Tracee and I pray that you have many many more. Have GREAT DAY David & Janet.

    Dave & Tracee Odell

    ReplyDelete