Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Surgery in San Diego

After much interaction with all doctors involved, counsel from various family & friends, & weighing of all the pros & cons, we have decided to stay in San Diego for David's surgery.  Dr. Andrew Lowy & Dr. Alan Hemming will be performing surgery on David on Thursday, November 14th at 7:30 AM at Thornton Hospital (part of the UCSD complex of hospitals).  We feel a great deal of relief having made the decision & now we can move forward with getting all of our ducks in a row prior to surgery.  David has appointments tomorrow with the anesthesiologist & with Dr. Hemming.  On Friday, David has a routine follow-up appointment with the radiation oncologist & I will donate blood for David, just in case he needs it during surgery.  Carl, Nelson, & Sharree arrive in San Diego on Tuesday to help calm our nerves, provide comic relief, & help us out in any way needed.

Thanks for your continued support through this journey ... we appreciate it!!  Much love, Janet  

5 comments:

  1. David...I posted this today...thinking of you. My friend, my brother!
    “If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you.”
    ― A.A. Milne - (Author of Winnie-the-Pooh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle David- you're going to ROCK this surgery on Thursday! I'll be wearing my purple shirt under my scrubs at work in your honor. Extra special thoughts for your whole OR and postoperative team. You're their VIP, obviously.

    Much love and healing,
    rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have you both in my prayers and my thoughts. I miss you both so much. I know you will be okay Uncle David. You just will. You excel at everything and this will be no different. Know that I love you both tons and tons. Take care and God bless. LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will be thinking of your and praying everything goes well on Thursday. I know it has been a long road to get to this point, and wishing you success - Deb Paddock Stetler

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping you two and the entire medical team in my thoughts and prayers today, even more than usual! Please accept a long distance virtual hug as you await the end of this long day and the victories that will follow..
    --- Dennis

    ReplyDelete