Posting words of testament to who Dave Hager really is per gals in the Y locker room past few workouts:
"Dave is so amazing. He's been my inspiration since I started swimming masters."
"Dave's always got a smile on his face."
"Dave's the kind of guy who is happy about life."
"Did you hear he just rocked the Rock and Roll Half last month?"
"Swimming in lane 4 is not the same without Dave in lane 3."
"Damn I'd do anything for Dave. I hardly know him but he's someone I'd give the shirt of my back to."
"Cancer has nothing on Dave. He's more positive than anything cancer has ever seen."
"To know Dave is to love Dave."
So, Dave, you are a very loved man! Along with the guys at the Y, the gals are sending you huge hugs and believe that the person you are continues to inspire us all and we are thinking of you as we push it hard in the pool each day.
Jane
Hey Dave! Like Jane said above, we're all thinking of you. Actually, I think of you every time I'm about to get out of the pool before the end of the set- your voice pops up telling me to make it a "wet hair day" and I stay in and decide to push through that last 400.... Thanks for motivating me more than you know. Now it's our turn!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you every day and sending healing thoughts, Beth
Hi Dave! While I don't know you well, I miss your kind, friendly presence at the pool. You've got a whole pool full of friends pulling for you, myself included. I have no doubt your optimism, good health, and the support of a wonderful wife and amazing friends will help you get healthy. All my best, Fiona (lane 4, hoping to get to lane 3 one day)
ReplyDeleteHey Dave! You continue to inspire those of us who haven't dipped their toes in the pool for a long while. I still remember those kick sets you had me doing after practice. Each day another 100...You taught me how to push myself beyond my comfort zone and aim high with my goals. I've carried your smile, enthusiasm, determination and humor into outrigger paddling, a pasttime I think you would whole-heartedly embrace. You've done so much for us, as Beth says, now it's our turn to do for you. Hugs, Kelly
ReplyDelete