Monday, July 15, 2013

Dave is a trooper

Checked in on Dave yesterday afternoon, and he's looking great!  Since this 2nd round of chemo was more of a full dose, we were worried about its side effects.  He had a bit of a rough Thursday, but was feeling much better the next day.  He's been walking and biking every day since.  What a trooper.

Of course, being the type of guy who is constantly pushing himself to improve, he was a bit hard on himself because he could "only" bike for 20 minutes on Sunday.  What???  Two rounds of crazy-harsh drugs being pumped in to attack your system (not just the cancer cells), and most people would not be getting out of bed, much less exercising to the level Dave does.

4 comments:

  1. You two keep going Dave and Janet. Just make sure Dave doesn't do a half marathon right away, because I bet he wants to.

    Rich & Gladys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rich and Gladys. We have to get back to Portland for more beer tasting and running on the beach. Dave

      Delete
  2. Hey Dave:
    We're so proud of you. Don't worry about how far you walk or bike. I would walk the street in front of our house which is 100 meters. I was happy to walk 100 meters, always hoping to improve. Just try to maintain as much as you can because there will be good days and less good days. Just remember how some days you get in the pool and kill it, and some days, not so much. Just keep at it, even when you don't feel like it.
    You and Janet are in my thoughts and prayers everyday.
    Of course, we have to have a fun thought for the day:
    How about when I would fall asleep on the floor and drool on the pillow while watching movies at your
    apartment in Davis. Well, I still drool on the pillow...so bad that I turn the pillow over when I get up at night to visit the bathroom. Unfortunately, nowadays it's a few times a night!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark, You couldn't know you how much your advise helps...because you lived it. Will think of you on every walk. Dave

      Delete