Dave goes in for round 2 of chemo tomorrow. It will be a full dose this time, but hopefully all will be well now that they have a better idea of what to expect. They'll also be prepared for the antihistamine injection since he had that allergic reaction the last time.
Dave's brother Carl is in town, which is great! Stay tuned for an update after tomorrow's session and more ginger candy.
P.S. Thanks to all the folks who have reached out and sent their love to Dave (Heidi Swanson, Megan Nechanicky, Jesse Bry, Mike Kimura, and so many more). They give him strength so keep 'em coming!
Dave's brother Carl is in town, which is great! Stay tuned for an update after tomorrow's session and more ginger candy.
P.S. Thanks to all the folks who have reached out and sent their love to Dave (Heidi Swanson, Megan Nechanicky, Jesse Bry, Mike Kimura, and so many more). They give him strength so keep 'em coming!
Dave I know this is tough and however I know you will come through it. I am really distressed that it took 2 horrible events to get us to reconnect. I take full responsibility.
ReplyDeleteIn high school you were always there for me. A few events come to mind (which you will probably not remember any of them) the first being my initial winter in Indiana. Lefty had been living in an apartment when Mom and I invaded. We quickly moved over to Cumberland Ave. and I was out shoveling snow one morning as you were delivering papers. The problem was I was using a shovel designed to dig holes. I had never heard of a snow shovel. You immediately went to your house and brought me the proper equipment. If you hadn't I would have been out there until it melted. You know Lefty would have just let me keep going.
Hang in there Dave I a few more and the best story is yet to come. The night you rescued me and my date.
Don't know if you saw it, but MSN posted a story about a young man in Ohio, born into a "Buckeye faithful" household. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor two years ago, so he named his tumor "Michigan" with the goal being to "Beat Michigan!" Sounds quite appropriate for one born into a "Boilermaker faithful" household. Friends FOREVER!! CB
ReplyDeletehi Dave, this is joanna whiteley...lane 3 :) I have been keeping you in my prayers and picturing your big smile a lot. I have several strong patients fighting this battle and I am sending strength and healing vibes your way every day! I hope it helps a little to know you have fellow fighters and noone goes this alone! SO many Love you!!xoxox
ReplyDelete